The previous weekend, not this one...

Posted by Benji On 1:39 AM
Photobucket

Last weekend my wife and I dropped by Eastwood City to visit a restaurant she wanted to do a review on. Originally we were supposed to go to Flying Pig but ended up eating at Cookbook, her other choice. After lunch, we decided to hang out a little more. Normally we would have gone someplace else since I work here and we didn't think there would be much to do or see. We also dropped by the local pet shop to buy my dog Jazz some needed meds since he has some problems with his liver.


Photobucket
One thing I like about Pet Central is the small yet cozy atmosphere. I have been thinking of taking Jazz to Eastwood for a long time if it weren't for the fact that he had this tendency to herd other dogs that he sees. Although a local breed, he has the appearance and nature of a Border Collie with a loud bark to match. Maybe when the time is right I will be able to bring him along and add a picture of him in the shop's collection of "family" photographs.
Photobucket
As I said I thought there wasn't going to be much to see so I was surprised when there was a Gundam convention of sorts where fans and collectors could view other people's creations or even make their own. I'm not exactly a fan but I did do scale modeling before and seeing these colorful works brought back memories of sheet styrene stems all over my desk and floor, reference material scattered on my bed, and the smell of paint and thinner all over the room.
Photobucket
One thing I noticed about the latest kits is the level of detail has certainly improved. Gone are the days when one would have to live with approximations leading one to just put up with what was available or DIY something. Not to say that this is no longer done, it's just most kits nowadays come with what you expect to see.
Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket

Our day ended with a mini concert of rap artists from overseas. I wasn't able to get any shots as I preferred to watch rather than take pictures.

And so that is how that weekend went. The following day I went to play airsoft with my friends to take out some chips on my shoulder.

1 Response to 'The previous weekend, not this one...'

  1. Halie said...
    http://benjisstuff.blogspot.com/2010/11/previous-weekend-not-this-one.html?showComment=1289805791481#c1821443779142966121'> November 15, 2010 at 3:23 PM

    I really love those gundam photos! Let's go to Eastwood again!

     

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Networked Blogs

Copyright Notice

Protected by Copyscape Originality Checker

Followers

Top Blogs

Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

Interesting Links

Need to advertise your website? Click here

http://www.getpaidmail.com/pages/advertise.php?refid=benjihalie
http://www.getpaidmail.com/pages/index.php?refid=benjihalie
getpaidmail.com